To understand Millennials one must first understand who they are, and why they are having such a huge impact on today's market.
- Consist of people with birth years ranging from the early 1980s to the early 2000s
- America’s most racially diverse generation
- Will comprise more than one in three of adult Americans by 2020
- Will make up as much as 75% of the U.S. workforce by 2025
- Account for more than $1 trillion in U.S. consumer spending
Considered the social butterflies of the generations, Millennials view dining out as a social event. Opting out of cooking at home, they flock to restaurants for a quick meal and an excuse to socialize with friends and family. It is important to focus on a relaxing atmosphere, affordable prices, plenty of choices, and speedy service. Millennials are also known to choose dining locations based on the health factors, such as organic, vegan, gluten-free options, and companies who are committed to lessening the carbon footprint of their facilities. .
The National Restaurant Association has noticed the impact Millennials are having and offer some guidance and direction to keep up with the waves of these new decision makers.
These increasing demands from Millennials have restaurant owners asking, "What should I do to prepare my business for this impact?" Here are some helpful tips to make sure that your establishment isn't left in the dust.
- Provide a relaxed atmosphere equipped with business grade Wifi connection
- Upgrade outdated food service equipment to energy efficient equipment to lower energy cost and promote "going green"
- Incorporate green products to reduce waste
- Re-vamp your menu to offer more varieties at lower prices
- Consider offering healthier choices
- Utilize social media to advertise your establishment
- Use preventative maintenance to ensure your existing food service equipment can handle the surge
- Educate employees of the need for speed
In conclusion, the change is coming, it's time to get prepared. Embrace the future, and don't be intimidated by the change. Clark Service Group is here to help with the transition. We offer installation of new equipment as well as planned maintenance programs to ensure all of your equipment, new or old, is running efficiently. Our expert service technicians are constantly receiving training to advance their knowledge of new equipment and procedures to guarantee we remain your leading choice for equipment service, repair, and installation.
Written by: Rebecca Simmons
Edited by: Marcie Byrd