Fesmag.com claims that water filtration systems are an inexpensive insurance policy for all of your foodservice equipment utilizing water. Filters ensure that your equipment will have sanitary, safe water for your guests, while prolonging the life of your equipment. Filtered water is the most important ingredient in your kitchen, according to Fesmag.com. Using filtered water allows the true flavors of your dishes to come through, instead of undesirable tastes such as sulfur, chlorine, heavy iron, or minerals.
Why You Should Consider Water Filtration:
- Mineral deposits
- Unwanted odor
- Chlorine taste
- Poor tasting water
- Equipment breakdowns
- Voided warranty
- Unsatisfied customers
- Decreased equipment performance
- Prolonged equipment life
- Energy efficiency
- Reduced costs
Filtration System Benefits for Ice Machines, Steam Equipment, and Beverage Systems:
- Higher ice production
- Lower energy usage
- Prolongs ice machine life
- Better tasting ice
- Purer, fresher steam
- Prevents heating element calcification
- Filtration systems work with combi ovens, commercial steamers, steam kettles, and braising pans
- Avoids bitter tastes
- Reduces sediment in internal components
- Allows for consistent beverages
Types of Filter Systems:
- PCBs (Polychlorinated Biphenyls)
- Chlorine byproducts
- Dry cleaning additives
- Traces of pharmaceuticals
Reverse Osmosis (often used in combination with carbon filters):
Removes these finite chemicals that carbon filters may miss.
- Industrial chemicals
- Heavy metals
- Disinfects water by killing microorganisms with radiation
- Used as a pretreatment option
- Recommended for use with carbon filters
Maintenance for Water Filters:
A water filtration system’s effectiveness depends on how well it is maintained.
- A water filtration system’s effectiveness depends on how well it is maintained.
- Filters should be checked for maintenance issues every two to three months and should be replaced as needed.
- Service companies like Clark Service Group offer Planned Maintenance programs that routinely check and replace water filters.
- This allows the filtration system to operate at peak efficiency and maintain the highest sanitary standard.
Written By: Emily Shuler
Edited By: Tilghman Grandstaff