For our inaugural Employee Spotlight, we sit down for a good ol' fashion Q&A with Procurement Specialist, Marcie Byrd.
- What 3 words would you use to describe CSG? Professional, Unique, Customer Oriented
- What do you like the most about CSG? The atmosphere and the people.
- If you could switch your job with anyone in the company who would it be and why? Carrie Hershey from dispatch; "I think i would enjoy dealing with customer's issues."
- What is your wish list for the next 10 years at CSP? To be able to use the skills she obtained through getting her Master's Degree in Business Administration from The American Public University.
- What is your proudest moment at CSG? Going from someone who knew very little about the industry to someone who has developed strong customer service skills, parts knowledge, and a good understanding of the food service industry and its components.
- What is your favorite band? Social Distortion
- What is your favorite quote? "Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you're doing the impossible". - Francis of Assisi
- If you could interview one person, alive or dead, who would it be? Tom Waits; Singer/Songwriter
- If you were to write a book about yourself, what would you name it? "The Ginger's Guide to Life and Other Important Stuff"
- Tell us something about yourself that most of us probably don't know: "I am an avid volunteer for children's rights and suicide prevention".
- What did you want to be "when you grew up"? A Teacher
- What do you like to do on your days off? "I really like to spend time with my kids, we do a lot of arts and crafts and listen to music".
- What is your biggest pet peeve? Disorganization
- What is on your bucket list? "I really want to travel the world, specifically I'd love to go to Ireland"
- If you could have one superpower what would it be? Lightning speed